Best Daytona Beach Hotels – There are over 200 hotels in Daytona Beach area. Daytona enjoys 23 miles of white sandy beaches that have enthralled tourists since the 1920′s. The summer weather in Daytona usually has highs in the 90′s and a heat index often over 100 degrees.
Facts About Daytona Beach
- Daytona is known as the “World’s most famous beach”.
- Daytona is known as one of the few places where motorized vehicles can drive on the beach.
- Daytona is the headquarters for NASCAR.
- Daytona attracts over 8,000,000 visitors and tourists each year.
Daytona Beach Hotels
Hotels and lodging in Daytona Beach are usually divided into three areas:
Hotels located on Atlantic Ave are right on the beach, or across from the beach. Either way, the hotels are within walking distance to the beach. Most of the most desirable hotels are located in this area.
Hotels located in this area are near the racetrack. Most are located on International Speedway Blvd. This is the place to be if you’re in town for the Daytona 500 or any of the other NASCAR races.
The hotels on US-1 are located 2 to 3 miles from the beach. Many of the budget hotels are located in this area.
The busy season (known as High Season)in Daytona beach is from February to August. The rates are usually highest and hotel rooms book fast, especially during event weeks.
The slow season (known as Low season) is from September till January, with the best rates during December and January.
The Best Daytona Beach Hotels Excel in:
Daytona Beach Events
There are year-round activities in Daytona, no matter what your interest. Here are some of the larger events hosted by Daytona Beach:
- Daytona 500 – held in February
- Bikeweek – 10 day event held in March
- Turkey Rod Run – car show held over Thanksgiving weekend
- Spring Break – Usually the first two weeks of March